* Clears congestion * Relaxing, gentle treatment * Improved hearing * Clear sinuses * Boost immunity *
Also known as Thermal Auricular Therapy or Hopi Ear Candling, this is a pleasant and non-invasive treatment for many health problems related to ear and sinuses. This simple ancient healing tool has many benefits including:
- enhanced lymphatic clearing, your face instantly becomes less puffy
- boosts and strengthens immune system to help clear acute conditions, such as colds, earache and infections
- clears congestion by improving sinus drainage
- improved hearing and better balance
- creates a ‘clear’ feeling in your nose, head and throat by improving airflow in breathing cavities
- improved mental focus
- alleviates anxiety by promoting calmness and relaxation
- creates a state of relaxation and homeostasis (balance) in the body to allow self-healing to take place
Ear candling can help with ''swimmer's ear'' (water trapped behind wax accumulation in the ear canal) and atmospheric pressure-related headaches caused by flying or scuba diving.
I visited Cheryl for an ear candling treatment following long term problems with pressure build up in my ears particularly during flying. The treatment was pain free, effective and relaxing and I would definitely recommend.
What is an ear candle?An ear candle is a cotton hollow tube which is tapered on one end and coated in wax and impregnated with therapeutic oils. it is very different to a conventional wax candle.
During the treatment you lie on your side and the tapered end of the ear candle is placed in the ear canal. The heat created by the lit candle as it burns down creates a warm swirling current of air and a slight, relative vortex. The treatment is repeated on the other side and is followed by a head massage. Two candles may be used in each ear for increased effectiveness.
Contrary to popular belief, ear candles do not remove wax or other objects from ears by creating a vacuum or suction. When lit, ear candles change your body’s energy by adding fire which creates heat, lightness and dryness. This is delivered to every cell in your body via a vortex. Adding heat in this way reduces swelling by dissipating excess mucous (dampness) from sinuses and nose, improves immunity by increasing the mobility and effectiveness of white blood cells and stimulates the pituitary gland to improve the glandular system. The soothing nature and relaxation creates a state of homeostasis (balance) in the body to encourage self-healing. Therefore, ear candling works on both an energetic and a physical level.
How does it work?
Cheryl, I came to you with a 'foggy' and puffy head. After just one session my head felt lighter and my sinuses below my eye orbits were noticeably less puffy. You have a lovely nature and I felt like I was in safe hands. I will definitely be re-booking.